Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yes, I Am

I have been called as a relief Society teacher. Its one of those callings that i really never expected. Not that i am not grateful, but i am the sort of person that loves to be in the background. The less spot light the better.
For my first lesson it was a bit scary since i have not done it in more than a year (Primary doesn't count). These are grown women who know so much about the Gospel. What am i ever gonna teach them. Then mom brought me back to reality " Teachers are called to learn" yes mom, i will learn more than teach. What was the lesson about? Being Grateful. I know this is a simple topic, but is it? I mean i really had to think about it. I am grateful. I say my prayers and give thanks every day. When my prayers are answered i give thanks. But i never really got it till this Sunday.
Think of it this way. How are you feeling right now? truly. Are you angry, sad, discouraged, empty, or even OK. Do you need a pick me up. Well, do you? I know i did. Things are great here. I have a job that i am grateful for everyday. So many people need and want a job these days. I have regular things that i really take for granted. I have a home! I go home everyday and see my mom and dad. I get to have a fresh cooked meal every night. I get to see my nieces and nephews. I get to spend time with everyone i love. I get to go to my second home. Its warm and there is peace in them. I get to hug a baby Josiah every day. I get to enjoy the crazy weather here in California. I get to read, even with glasses but i get to give myself time to read what i want when i want.
I get to testify of all the blessings i have. I know that i belong to the ONLY true church on this earth. Many have tried and failed to tell me other wise.
Have you known of anyone who is always so depressed or negative in your life. Or that person you want to spend as much time as possible with. It all comes to their attitude. The more grateful this person is, the better their attitude and it radiates.
 Regardless of our circumstances, each of us has much for which to be grateful if we will but pause and contemplate our blessings. "Pres Monson"
so now, why don't we take time? why do we want to fester on the negativity and look at our surroundings? Because human nature is the worst. We have to surpass that and really dig in. count our blessings.
Yes, i am thankful for everything i have. from the shoes i wear to where i set my head at night. From the Happiest times in my life to the worst times. I am grateful for the wonderful people i have as family and friends. I don't have many friends but those that are stick with me till i die. I am grateful that i have this gospel in my life. the happiest times in my life are when i am one hundred percent involved at church.

"He taught us how to pray. He taught us how to live. He taught us how to die. His life is a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved.
Ultimately, He stood alone. Some Apostles doubted; one betrayed Him. The Roman soldiers pierced His side. The angry mob took His life. There yet rings from Golgotha’s hill His compassionate words: “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” 14
Who was this “man of sorrows, … acquainted with grief”? 15 “Who is this King of glory,” 16 this Lord of lords? He is our Master. He is our Savior. He is the Son of God. He is the Author of Our Salvation. He beckons, “Follow me.” 17 He instructs, “Go, and do thou likewise.” 18 He pleads, “Keep my commandments.” 19
Let us follow Him. Let us emulate His example. Let us obey His words. By so doing, we give to Him the divine gift of gratitude." Pres. Monson

Yes, I am greatful for all the blessings He gives me when in reality i deserve none.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie you deserve every single one of those blessings and more!! You are perfect to be called as a teacher, you are great at it, and have so much to offer those ladies. theyr lucky to have you! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete