I have a friend (s) that pretty much thinks like me. I loved what she wrote i just had to post her thoughts on my blog.. ENJOY! if you dont agree.. its ok.. = )
I don't know why it is bothering me so much but it seems that a lot of people are not bothered by the direction our government is headed. The ideas that President Obama and Nancy Pelosi have are so out in left field that I can't believe more people are not noticing.
In order to push through the health care reform (if you really want to call it that), President Obama and Nancy Pelosi had to strong arm members of their own party to vote for it even though the majority of this nation did not want this bill to pass. Our government seems so arrogant that they forgot who voted them into office. They are suppose to represent their constituents but instead they are ignoring us and basically telling us to shut up and accept whatever decisions they decide are good for us.
I believe most people in this nation agree that health care needs to be reformed. What Congress passed was not true health care reform. The main problem with health care is the costs are dramatically increasing each year. This main problem creates additional problems. The first additional problem is that people who do have health care see their rates increase every year for the same amount or less coverage. Now their disposable income has decreased so they can keep up with their health care premiums. (Having less disposable income creates a whole new set of problems which I will not discuss at this time.) The second additional problem created is that the federal and state budgets seem to never correctly estimate how much medicare and medicaid costs. So when the actual cost comes in, which is always higher than they estimated, the government has to find a way to pay the additional costs. (Usually in the form of increasing taxes or cuts from another project.) The third additional problem is the 45 million people that are uninsured for numerous reasons.
The number of people that are really uninsured is debatable. Of the 45 million people, approximately 9 million people make over $75,000 a year. So if they really need health care, they could afford it. 8 million people make between $50,000 and $75,000 so they could probably afford basic health care if they needed it. 9 million people are non-citizens and do not qualify for health care. (This is also another subject that I will not discuss now except to say that you cannot send 9 million people back home when you basically allowed them to stay and work here.) There are over 13 million people that make less than $25,000 a year. A good portion of these people qualify for medicaid but have not filled out the paperwork. So the real uninsured number is between 10-15 million people. (numbers taken from 2007 Census)
It seems insane to completely change our health care system to insure 10-15 million people. Why couldn't Congress create a program to specifically help these uninsured people obtain affordable health care? They could have created a program similar to medicaid that provides health care with the premium on a sliding scale based on income. Or Congress could have done real health care reform and address why the costs are dramatically increasing each year.
I came across the following quote from Dr. Adrian Rogers that basically says it all.
“You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
If you made it this far, thanks for listening to my rant.
Lily Gets Her Camp Name
13 years ago



I agree 100%. what bugs me is that when I say that I don't like what the Obama administration did, somebody automatically says I'm heartless and that I probably have insurance, so I don't "give a damn about other people." I talked to my dad about all this stuff, and he said that the Church even said that they can't help everyone if the resources are not there. Granted, we are one of the richest churches in the world, we're not going to go into debt to help people. The nation could learn a lesson or two from the brethren!
ReplyDelete