We have been really excited to do the wedding cake for one of our friends wedding. She asked us to re create a picture and we took the challenge. Friday we spent the entire day baking cakes. Non stop! It was cool. then Saturday morning came and sally helped us deliver the cake.
It was a really neat experience to be a vendor and come in thru the back door of the Hotel. We delivered the cake and decorated it. sally got to fluff some flowers. I have to say we were really proud of our work. The cake looked amazing! After spending about half hour on the décor we went outside to talk to a few people we knew. We said hi and conversations were going. I would say it was about 45 minutes into the conversation when…
The DJ came out looking for us with the biggest smile. “Hey, your cake fell!” we didn’t believe him because he was laughing! Then his buddy came out and said the same thing “Hey, your cake fell!” he too had a smile! It really didn’t register. Then finally the waiter came out and said “ Mam, your cake fell!” we raced to it. When we got there it was a disaster! The entire cake, besides the bottom layer of a 5 tier cake was GONE! All on the floor. I felt like dying! Alma and I were in shock. What were we going to do?
I asked the waiter if we could get it cleaned up and they raced to get it cleaned up! then we were like “what are we going to do?” one of the waiters (by this time we had like 9 helping us out) told us there was a bakery a couple of exits away. We had delivered the cake from Rancho Cucamonga to Laguna Niguel and we did not know our way around the area. So I got on the phone, Tina got a waiter to give us a map, Alma got the information on everything else and we raced to the bakery. When I got there Tina noticed I was freaking out and she told me “if you need to cry, just cry” once we got to the bakery I cried as soon as we parked. Alma got some tears too. Then we raced to the door and paid for the cake. The girl told us we were really lucky because the baker was leaving in 10 minutes and had we come in or called 10 min short we would have had no luck with cakes. Man, this really was a blessing. We were going to get the cake in 1 hour. That was better than having no cake for a wedding. we waited and had a bite to eat. Once we were done eating the cakes were ready.
We raced back and did a little fixing with linen and off it went. The entire hall was full but we had to deliver a cake. After that we went home bummed. This was our first wedding cake. It was not suppose to happen. needless to say we learned many lessons that day. We learn from mistakes. Things only happen to me once. Never again. But I am grateful for the experience.
![]() |
| Admiring the cake |




No comments:
Post a Comment