My first niece is growing up. While at church I noticed
My brother and her were talking. A very serious expression was on her face. Then my brothee turns to me and tells her "Ask your aunt Bonnie". She turned to me and was a bit apprehensive.
For those that dont know me I am the mean aunt. Really I am. I asked her what was wrong and she began to explain that she had asked her mom if the Easter bunny was real, or santa, or the tooth fairy. my mom said no.
That kinda stung a little. Now I know they are not true. But the cause is just. My mother believed in its spirit. Now what? What am I to tell her?
My siblings always put me in these kinds of situations. So I began to think in overdrive. Do I believe? Not in the creature but in its spirit. In the happy faces I see my kids in. I believe in that. So I told her I believe in its spirit.
With the toothfairy if a person goes trough pain there is a reward. I lost my mother it was painful but great things have happen because of it. One of my brothers came back to church. Just because he cant handle the pain of being parted from mother for eternity. In Santa, I believe. Because i can see children who have nothing but that hope. During the season so many blessed people pass their blessings to those less fortunate. In the Easter bunny. Not so much. I dont see the story behind it during this season. Yet I see smiling faces running towards yummy eggs. I see future missionaries running towards the less active or people without the gospel.
We are all these spirits. We make miracles. Heavenly Father want us to do the miracles for someone else. We are his hands. Love one another.
I told her this and she smiled and understood. She was happy. I dont know if she will ever remeber these words. I will.
On this Easter sunday I am thankful that Death has no hold on us. That I shall see my Mother once more. Love you mom, keep working until I come home to your arms.
Lily Gets Her Camp Name
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment